July is here and with it, Financial Independence Month, brought to you by April Caldwell, Inc. Yes! I am declaring a month! Be sure to stay connected via email and social media to hear about all the launches to help you keep more money in your pocket. Hint: We are having a Treasure Hunt every day in July on IG & Twitter.
Here is a list of items commonly forgotten budget items for July. Kinda like last season's pumps.
But just in time as you do your monthly budget review like I know all you Money Bosses do.
- Sunscreen. Budget $8-12 a tube, more if you are particular about the ingredients. I get mine from Beautycounter.
- Fireworks & July 4th Festivities. This includes food, BBQ items, festivals and ice cream.
- Pet Boarding Costs. If you go on vacation and put Fido in daycare, this is going to cost. Check with a friend or neighborhood kid to see if you can get it for cheaper.
- Higher Electric Bill. Your AC is working harder and this is going to be reflected in your bill at the end of the month. Add an extra 25% to your planned budget to be safe. You may even see jumps as much as 100% if you are not diligently watching what you keep it on.
- Back to School. It may seem early, but I remember those lists and the cost can add up quick. Start a fund now to help reduce the stress come August. Check what you have unused from last year or what is left over that you can re-use. Remember shoes, clothes, supplies, and activities.
- Summer Fun. Make sure to add some Summer Fun. Make a bucket list for you or you and the kids. Make homemade ice cream, host a neighborhood BBQ, go to a waterpark, attend a concert festival, read three novels, and so much more.
Which ones are on your list? What else could be included? Comment below.